SWEDEN – Carola Häggkvist is on a summer tour. During the Sunday evening’s concert in Tylösand in Halland, the accident occurred – and the star’s dress took fire on stage.
“It was my first gig without me participating in soundcheck. The lights had changed position from what I was used to, says Carola about the drama and continues: “My dress in chiffon from London began to smoke and I said “oh is there anyone who smokes here” – then there was a little hole and so there.”
Fortunately, the star had water nearby.
“I had some water on stage that I poured on me, says Carola and adds: “The show must go on.”
Carola says that it was “a hole in the dress of the smoke development” but fortunately she has tailors close at hand for the next concert at the summer tour.
In addition, she will be extra careful about soundcheck before the next concert. The artist further says that this was the first time she did not make soundcheck, because it was full of people when she was going to test the sound with the band. Despite the drama on stage, the artist takes the incident calmly.
“It’s something that can happen”, she says.
Magnus Johansson from Motala was at the concert.
“It would have been a good hour of the concert. After all, it went quietly. Carola jumped up when she discovered what happened, and went and fetched a water bottle. She joked and said that now I have to undress my naked.”
Carola’s ongoing tour is called “Naked – an acoustic hit concert”.