UNITED STATES – Entries from all 50 states, 5 U.S. territories, and the nation’s capital Washington, D.C., will vie for the title of Best Original Song.
The program will be made up of four qualifying rounds which will then be followed by two semi-finals and culminate with a grand final when the winner will be declared.
Song submissions for The American Song Contest started back in late May and were available to performers of all genres from all around the USA, whether they be solo artists, duos or bands.
The competition will be televised on NBC starting March 21 with the winner being declared on May 9.
WATCH THE PERFORMANCES
- Minnesota: Yam Haus – “Ready to Go”
- Oklahoma: AleXa – “Wonderland”
- Arkansas: Kelsey Lamb “Never Like This”
- Indiana: UG skywalkin ft. Maxie – “Love In My City”
- Puerto Rico – Christian Pagán – “LOKO”
- Connecticut: Michael Bolton – “Beautiful World”
- Iowa: Alisabeth von Presley – “Wonder”
- Wisconsin – Jake’O – “Feel Your Love”
- Mississippi: Keyone Starr – “Fire”
- Wyoming: Ryan Charles – “New Boot Goofin”
- Rhode Island: Hueston – “Held On Too Long”
The first semi-finalist for the American Song Contest was unveiled at the conclusion of tonight’s qualifying round and debut episode:
Hueston with the song “Held On Too Long”. The artist from Rhode Island was picked by the contest’s jury of music specialists from throughout the nation.
— OIKOTIMES (@theoikotimes) March 22, 2022
Meanwhile, online voting has started for three additional acts from this qualifying round to join Rhode Island in the semifinals.
Voting is accessible on the NBC website, NBC mobile app, or through TikTok, and will continue until Wednesday at 7 p.m. EDT (Thursday, 12 a.m. CET) (Thursday, 12 a.m. CET). (You may need to be residing inside the United States or one of its territories to cast a vote.)
So far, the betting odds favour Oklahoma, Connecticut, and Mississippi’s qualifying.
The results of the online voting will be presented at the beginning of next week’s broadcast before another round of competitors competes for qualifying.
an oikotimes original text