UNITED STATES – The second quarterfinal of the AMERICAN SONG CONTEST took place tonight in Los Angeles. The show kicked off with the public choices from the first show. They are OKLAHOMA, PUERTO RICO and CONNECTICUT, meaning that Alexa and Michael Bolton proceed to the semi-finals as predicted by the odds.
It is interesting to see that OKLAHOMA was the second choice of the jury voting, whereas last week RHODE ISLAND qualified for the semis, PUERTO RICO was the fifth choice of the jury and CONNECTICUT was the 6th choice of the jury. This means that ultimately, the public can really storm and change everything.
Tonight we had 11 more acts performing and one of them qualified to the semis by the juries (the rest three qualifiers will be known by the opening of the third show). Below you can watch the performances as published by the NBC YouTube channel.
At the end of the second show, it was announced that KENTUCKY (Jordan Smith, THE VOICE 2015 winner) is the jury qualifier for the show.
Do you agree with the results? We kinda do but we definitely need to wait for the rest of them next week.
WATCH THE PERFORMANCES
- Oregon: courtship. – “Million Dollar Smoothies”
- Montana: Jonah Prill – “Fire It Up”
- New York: ENISA – “Green Light”
- Nebraska: Jocelyn – “Never Alone”
- U.S. Virgin Islands: Cruz Rock – “Celebrando”
- Kentucky: Jordan Smith – “Sparrow”
- North Dakota: Chloe Fredericks – “I’ve Been Known to Stay”
- Kansas: Broderick Jones – “Tell Me”
- Virginia: Almira Zaky – “Over You”
- Ohio: Macy Gray – “Every Night”
- Maine: King Kyote – “Get Out Alive”
FIRST SHOW RESULTS
|Rhode Island||Hueston||“Held On Too Long”||
|Arkansas||Kelsey Lamb||“Never Like This”||
|Puerto Rico||Christian Pagán||“Loko”||
|Connecticut||Michael Bolton||“Beautiful World”||
|Minnesota||Yam Haus||“Ready to Go”||
|Iowa||Alisabeth Von Presley||“Wonder”||
|Wisconsin||Jake’O||“Feel Your Love”||
|Wyoming||Ryan Charles||“New Boot Goofin'”||
|Indiana||UG skywalkin (ft. Maxie)||“Love in My City”||
an oikotimes original text