SWEDEN – Cornelia Jakobs became the winner of the Melodifestivalen. However, the people gave significantly more points to Anders Bagge – who finished second.
– I had no chance, I’m good at math and figured out: now I’m coming second. Or now I lied, it was Thomas G:son who figured it out. But I am very happy, says Anders Bagge.
He has fought against the nerves during this year’s edition, but before the final everything calmed down.
– I enjoyed every second. I have regained my love of music and being able to play. If I can dare, others can dare.
And now he is ready for more public appearances.
– I can call Céline (Dion) now, he says and laughs. No, but, I have received some gigs that I accepted.
— OIKOTIMES (@theoikotimes) March 12, 2022
The Swedish people wanted to see you in Eurovision, the jury that put you in seventh place did not want that. How are your thoughts?
– Name of the game. I did not really land in it. But if you ask me like this… it’s clear, I actually won, in Sweden. But with the results in hand, I think this was the best. It’s best for us to send Cornelia’s song away. It is very well written and she sings terribly well. I go back to my oak and smell my flowers and am terribly happy. Just like the bull Ferdinand. It’s as it should be.
His wife Johanna Lind Bagge has been strong support behind the scenes and throughout his Melodifestivalen journey.
She was pleased with her husband’s contribution in the final:
– This was perfect, for the Swedish people it is what is most important to him. He enjoyed what I saw, so this was perfect. And he loves to be at home and with the dogs. It could not have been better, in fact. He’s happy.