AUSTRALIA – SBS is gearing up preparations for EUROVISION-AUSTRALIA DECIDES 2022 which will take place on 26/2. Following the recent announcements by SBS here is how the project will be implemented.
The event will take place for three nights.
On 25/2 the OPENING NIGHT SHOW will work as a jury show and there will be no broadcast by SBS, but there will be an audience in the venue.
On 26/2 afternoon, there will be a MATINEE SHOW, a dress rehearsal with an audience again attending.
On 26/2 evening, the live show will take place. SBS will broadcast it live, the public will attend and the TV audience will be able to vote.
SBS declares the following:
- English and native languages are only allowed in the submitted songs
- Authors can submit more than one song
- Half of the authors in each submission must be Australians or residents of Australia
- Show producers will decide the ten entries for the final, from the submissions online and from invited authors and artists.
- There will be a preliminary selection of 20 songs and 10 in the second phase, which will be produced, recorded, and become available to the public.
- SBS will decide the staging, the camera work, and who’s gonna lead the song, making
- SBS has the authority to decide who’s performing each song, although there will be constructive deliberation with the authors.
There is still no decision on how many people will be allowed in the venue under the current pandemic circumstances.
an oikotimes original text