Stockholm Pride can now reveal a complete artist line-up for the traditional Eurovision Night, which will take place on August 1st in Stockholm. The Eurovision Song Contest-winners Helena Paparizou, Lys Assia and Emmelie de Forest will perform on the same stage as ESC-favourites such as Gina G, Zlata Ognevich, Margaret Berger, Getter Jaani, Valentina Monetta, Ryan Dolan, Krista Siegfrids, Roberto Bellarosa, Marie Bergman and Roger Pontare.
Loreen (Sweden 2012)
Gina G (United Kingdom 1996)
Anton Ewald (Melodifestivalen 2013)
Margaret Berger (Norway 2013)
Emmelie de Forrest (Denmark 2013)
Sean Banan (Melodifestivalen 2012, 2013)
Helena Paparizou (Greeceqryw 2001, 2005)
Martin Rolinski (Melodifestivalen 2013)
Eddie Razaz (Melodifestivalen 2013)
Felicia Olsson (Melodifestivalen 2013)
Zlata Ognevich (Ukraine 2013)
Valentina Monetta (San Marino 2013)
Getter Jaani (Estonia 2011)
Roberto Bellarosa (Belgium 2013)
Michael Feiner & Caisa
Marie Bergman & Roger Pontare (Sweden 1994)
Maria Montazami, Lill-Babs & Elisabeth Höglund
Lys Assia (Switzerland 1956, 1957, 1958)
Ryan Dolan (Ireland 2013)
Krista Siegfrids (Finland 2013)
– I really looking forward to perform on Stockholm Pride – it was far too long since last time!, says Helena Paparizou, who won Eurovision Song Contest for Greece in 2005 with “My Number One”.
– What an honor it is to be asked to perform at this incredible event! I am so excited. Since 1996 I’ve never stopped releasing singles & performing live, and I have the most wonderful memories of the many Pride Festivals I’ve performed at in the past. Unfortunately, I’ve not been able to be a part of Pride for years and it’s my most favorite charity event. So all you lovely Swedish party people, save you’re vocal chords for your loudest screams, because I’m on my way to rock the house!!, says Gina G, who represented United Kingdom in 1996 with “Ooh Aah… Just A Little Bit”. Even though Gina G finished 8th, her song became a massive hit around the world including #1 on the official UK Single Chart and #12 on Billboard Hot 100.
– I look forward to meet you all admirers of good music at Stockholm Pride! I will sing my song “Gravity” for you, which took 3rd place at Eurovision Song Contest 2013. See you in Stockholm on August 1! Wish you all the best, says Zlata Ognevich who took a 3rd place in Eurovision Song Contest 2013 with “Gravity”.
– I’ve never made a distinction between gay or straight. As human beings, an LGBT person has the same rights as everyone else to me. I’m in total favour of marriage between people of the same sex. Love is a universal feeling and has no gender. I’ve always been supportive of the LGBT community and will support it forever. I wish that we will soon be rid of stereotypes created by too many years of racism and religious culture. To love and to be loved is a right, no matter if it’s straight or gay love. The important thing is to be coherent and honest with our own feelings with no fear, says Valentina Monetta who represented San Marino in 2012 and 2013 – both years with songs written by the Eurovisionguru Ralph Siegel.
– I really look forward to Stockholm Pride, to meet the audience and sing Only Teardrops and a brand new song too. Together we will create a magical evening on the 1st of August, says Emmelie de Forest, who is the latest winner of Eurovision Song Contest with her “Only Teardrops”.
– It’s an honour to get an invite to Stockholm Pride and to perform the first Eurovision winner Refrain. I look forward to meeting the Pride audience, who I’ve understood are hardcore Eurovision fans, says Lys Assia who won the first ever Eurovision Song Contest in 1956 with “Refrain”.
– I am very glad to participate in this huge event! It is amazing for me to come back to Sweden after the Eurovision Song Contest. Thank you so much for inviting me to sing Love Kills once again for you!, says Roberto Bellarosa who represented Belgium in Eurovision Song Contest 2013 with “Love Kills”.
– I really hope that all of Stockholm is ready to Marry Me when myself and Team Ding Dong come on in our most extravagant wedding outfits on the 1st of August! I do, I do, I do. Get ready for some serious DiNG DoNG!, said Krista Siegfrids, who took the Eurovisionfans by storm with her song “Marry Me” in 2013.
– I can’t wait to perform at the Stockholm Pride in August! What better place to perform my Eurovision song “Only Love Survives” than at Stockholm Pride – filled with love and as I understand one of the best pride crowds in the world! I look forward to meeting loads of new people at Pride Park on the 1st of August. I hope to see you all there!, says Ryan Dolan who became a really Eurovisionfavourite, even though he finished last in Eurovision Song Contest 2013 with “Only Love Survives”.
– The last time I performed at Stockholm Pride in 2007 was fantastic! I’m really looking forward to returning and seeing all the wonderful people, says Margaret Berger who came 4th in Eurovision Song Contest 2013 with “I Feed You My Love”.
Getter Jaani competed for Estonia in Eurovision 2011 with “Rockafeller Street”. Marie Bergman has represented Sweden three times in Eurovision Song Contest. Two times in the 70’s with Family Four and together with Roger Pontare in 1994. Roger Pontare also competed for Sweden in 2000, when the final was held in Stockholm.
Besides Helena Paparizou, Gina G, Emmelie de Forest, Lys Assia, Margaret Berger, Zlata Ognevich, Valentina Monetta, Getter Jaani, Ryan Dolan, Roberto Bellarosa, Marie Bergman, Roger Pontare and Krista Siegfrids a lot of Swedish Melodifestivalen-acts will perform on Stockholm Pride August 1st, such as Anton Ewald, Sean Banan, Eddie Razaz, Ellinor Franzén, Martin Rolinski, Felicia Olsson, Michael Feiner & Caisa and Oscar Zia. The famous dragshowgroup Diamond Dogs and Cirkus Schlager with guests will also perform on August 1st.
– It’s extremely fun to once again be able to offer the prideaudience a star-packed Eurovision Night that promises joy, sing-a-long and a touch of nostalgia. And as it should be, the evening will offer a lot of surprises, says Jörgen Eriksson, Festival Director for Stockholm Pride.
Stockholm Pride is held on July 30th to August 3rd. Tickets are available at Ticnet.