EUROPE – The 2016 Eurovision Song Contest season kicks off today, September 1st as of now any song released is eligible to enter the Stockholm edition. Many countries kicked off their national selection procedures and others just confirmed participation in the contest.
- Denmark – Submissions due on September 7
- Finland – Submissions due on September 8
- FYR Macedonia – Submissions due on September 15
- Norway – Submissions due on September 11
- Sweden – Submissions due on September 16
- Switzerland – RSI submissions due on 26 October
In the meantime let’s see which countries have confirmed participation so far: Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, FYR Macedonia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom while we expect the official announcements from Turkey and Ukraine which are likely to enter. Official confirmation and final list of participating countries for Stockholm expected by EBU at the end of December though.