ISRAEL – Just before the new year, we are thrilled to give you a quick first preview of the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest stage, designed by Florian Wieder. Expect more exciting news soon!
Host broadcaster KAN has launched tenders for the Staging and Grandstands construction. RFP for those tenders have to be due on 08 January. The Respondent must be an economically and financially sound company, established at least 2 years ago with the accumulated annual turnover of the last year being a minimum of 2.5 M EUR. The Respondent must have the technical ability to perform at least 20% of the required services based on its own equipment (excluding sub-contracting). The key Respondent personnel who would be involved in the project must have experience of working on similar projects during the previous ten years.
• Diamond shaped stage with video flooring and back area
• Height h=1,80mtrs.
• Overall approx. 500sqm.
• Recessed flex-LED surrounding the stage and in front of the stage-backpart, milled/ in slots (LEDs by video supplier)
• 1mtr. duct for pyro and sfx, surrounding the LED-floor, covered by black steel grating (approx. 50sqm.)
• Main area of the stage is covered by accessible LED-tiles (approx. 100sqm./ LED provided by video supplier)
• 4 leg-like set-pieces, that frame the stage and form it all to a prism sculpture
• Legs coming from a centre position in the ceiling, down to the ground, left and right of the stage
• Length of the 2 larger front legs: approx. 25mtrs.
• Length of the 2 smaller back legs: approx. 18mtrs.
• 4 catwalks, visually connected to the prism legs
• Length of the 2 smaller catwalks: approx. 20mtrs. each
• Length of the 2 larger catwalks: approx. 25mtrs. each
• 2 bridges, connecting the main stage with the catwalks
• Length of each approx. 10mtrs. (7-8 steps to each side + 5,00mtrs. podium)
• Width between approx. 2,80 – 4,80mtrs.
• Catwalk, connecting the main stage with the tip of the prism catwalks
• Length approx. 15mtrs.
• Width 2mtrs.
• Entire piece needs to be on wheels to push back under the stage after the opening ceremony
According to the tender conditions, the amount of the seats for the spectators should be pushed to the maximum possible amount in the given space, following any and all necessary requirements for safety and evacuation paths. Eurovision organizers are seeking for the necessary options to achieve the 7500 seats in the grandstands.
Respondent shall provide the options that will allow to achieve this number of seats based on the particular equipment supplied. This may be achieved with construction of additional balconies for the audience, provided the costs will be passable. It is not clear from the tender documents if figure of 7500 includes Green Room Grandstands or not.
Additionally, two balconies shall be created at the back of the Grandstands to facilitate up to 50 commentator booths, levelled podiums should be created for the table of the Scrutineer’s Desk, sound FOH, central cameras, rail camera, podium for 20 still photographers, podiums for the people with disabilities for at least 90 wheelchairs.
Grandstand installation works at the main hall should be done on 10-15 April and in Green Room hall from 27 to 30 April.
Seems the mocked boy some Instagram post of ours, now confirmed (again)