YOUTUBE – It has become commonly known, the EBU is preparing the publication of all Eurovision Song Contest editions on HD after the end of Eurovision 2021 (no exact date announced).
For years now EBU is searching for all available recorded editions of the Eurovision Song Contest, with special emphasis on the lost ones of 1956 and 1964, which – in the very end – are still not found.
Four fans were assisting on the search, contacting the national broadcasters and private collectors on the behalf of the EBU. Their search ended in the autumn of 2020 and the entire project cost 30,000 Euros.
EUROVISION.TV will host the best available -in quality- editions from 1957 to date.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROJECT
- 15 national broadcasters contributed, mostly willingly and generously but some (mostly Nordic) were reluctant while some request huge compensations.
- Significantly RAI didn’t even bother to search their archives.
- Seach started 1.5 years ago, cost 30,000 Euros.
- Most videos were chosen based on high quality possible therefore this means that some of them will be uploaded with commentary.
- EUROVISION AGAIN project during the pandemic quarantine boosted the idea as the reception of the online view of contests from 1978 -2018 were hugely welcomed by eh online users.
- The exact date is unknown, but everyone presumes it will be sometime after the 2021 Eurovision Song Contest edition (while not forgetting that on May 29th, EBU will deal first with the release of the 2021 live on-tape entries).
- There will be no DVD or BLUE-RAY release as the physical sales are not enough to justify such a production.
- EUROVISION.TV will not feature national selections. If interested you can find some in the following links