- Finland achieved the second best-ever result in the contest
- Four countries in the top five performed in their national language
- Switzerland hadn’t sent a French-language song since 1993 when she ranked #3
- Greece enters the top ten for the first time since 2013
- Greece had its best jury score since 2009
- Gjon’s Tears (Gjon Muharremaj) becomes the best Albanian/Kosovar origin artist in Eurovision
- The UK scores null points in total for the second time since 2003
- Italy becomes the second BIG member country winning the contest since the group initiated
- Italy proved last night that when they will wish it they will get it. Few hours before the grand final RAI for the first time declared interest to host the event, and they won it!
- We had a mouth-to-mouth kiss for the first time since 1997 winner Katrina & The Waves
- Italy wins after 31 years but Spain keeps the record of winning distance since 1969
- Eugent Bushpepa might have given the A5 high note but Blas Cantó gave a G5 high note last night
- Eden Alene has the top record of all time with a B6 high note
- Greece has the record of having the youngest spokesperson (Manolis Gkinis age 10)
- Dutch jury gave null points to Stefania
- Sweden got more points from the public rather than the juries
- Some claim that Destiny’s resemblance to Netta and the running order cost her the victory
- Two rock songs (Italy and Finland) entered the top six
- France won two Marcel Bezençon something which also happened for the art award in 2009 and the press award in 2002 and 2019)
- Switzerland won the Marcel Bezençon composer award for the first time
- When Marie Myriam (1977 winner) wishes luck to the French entry, the song plunders in the scoreboard. This year Marie criticised Barbara and the song did extremely well!
- All copies of Foureira (Cyprus, Albania, Serbia) of Lizzo (Malta) and Billie Eilish (Bulgaria) didn’t got votes from the public enough to make an impact.
WEIRD JURY VOTING AGAIN
Some say that French, Italian and Maltese jury voting was weird attributing their 12 points to countries never expected. But what is weirder is that many juries either voted for Italy and ignored France or the opposite. Can someone truly tell me that a jury loved one of the favourites and completely ignored the other?
ARROGANCE PAID OFF
When you think that you are favourite enough not having time for a SKYPE interview is almost mathematical or even karma, to plunder in the scoreboard. This goes for delegations who are desperately begging you to post their news but when it comes to an interview session they have no time! Yes, Malta, Lithuania and Israel, this goes for you!
DREAM TEAMS TURN INTO NIGHTMARE
Sacha San Baptise disappointed as her and her team choreographies are not appealing anymore and we saw it tonight.
Marvin Dietmman and Sacha San Batiste work… didn’t work for the countries which were desperate to hire them and praising them all over. Hopefully, a lesson for the future not to trust old-fashioned ideas anymore.
Kontopoulos and the so-called Dream team had only 1/4 success. Greece entered the grand final and the top ten after 8 years in a tie with Bulgaria. His Moldovan entry plundered – a lesson that Kirkorov doesn’t count anymore in Eurovision, and his two production songs Estonia and Albania, eliminated in the semi-final and scored nothing special, respectively.
Maybe we have idolised the wrong people? Maybe they are just what they argue in order to get hired? … Veterans!
- The United Kingdom could have paid the BREXIT, but in the very end, the song was bad.
- Israel seems to have paid the conflict with the Palestinians, but in the very end, they had a mediocre song, which the Israelis themselves disliked.
- Malta and Cyprus promoted by usual jury votes – once again in question. Cyprus as predicted ranked worst than Greece (due to order of appearance or Elena’s struggling voice? we will never find out).
- Greece will celebrate tomorrow been in the top ten, a lesson to Turkey that this country counts!
- Azerbaijan somehow punished for their conflict with Armenia…
- Russia got 100 public votes of appreciation from their openness to the LGBT community but still, we wonder how far East they came from…
- Iceland definitely supported by the public both because they were forced not to attend the event but also due to the EUROVISION MOVIE by NETFLIX.
- FLO RIDA was a bad choice (upon results) as he is no one in Europe and for years he has presented no new songs. American Song Contest got a shocking and negative message today.
- Italy can now claim that RAI not wanting the contest is an urban legend.
- Ukraine scored better than rival Russia…
- Norway and Cyprus demons didn’t work out after all.
Aftonbladet journalist asked Damiano whether he was sniffing coke during his stay at the Green Room, as some fans Tweeted last night while watching some annoying footage from the area on TV. Damiano refuted the accusation and said, “I don’t take drugs”. The press conference hostess asked everyone to keep questions at the music level. It is obvious that Sweden’s plunder in the scoreboard last night annoyed some people.
Jendrik reacts by saying that he enjoyed the show and he doesn’t care about the position he received, not to mention the null points he received. On Instagram he points the middle finger as his reaction to those not voting for him. What Jendrik doesn’t get is that HE is the one who got the middle finger last night and he felt it very well. Also, making such a statement when his national broadcaster spent almost half a million – taxpayers – Euros for him to just have fun, shows how indifferent he remains as his song.