HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALESSANDRO
Ronela went to Euroclub last night and burst into tears from the huge support of the Eurofans following her elimination from the first semifinal which wasn’t widely accepted.
Betting favourites Ukraine have the highest number of views on their performance on the official Eurovision Song Contest YouTube channel following Tuesday night’s first semifinal. Checked at 17:30 CEST on Wednesday, Kalush Orchestra’s live performance has been seen over 1,429,000 times.
- Ukraine: 1,429,000
- Moldova: 604,190
- Greece: 506,088
- The Netherlands: 408,513
- Norway: 365,500
There seems to be some disturbing news about sexual harassment of a volunteer during the opening ceremony party and hints about Cyprus entrant Andromache as well but the City of Turin fully deny the information as there was no official complain submitted to the Police.
The war in Ukraine prohibited Timur to fly to Turin. Therefore he will be commentating from Ukraine. So he did last night and we see him in the bunker, reporting for the fist semi-final. Timur is known for josting NFs, JESC and ESC shows in Ukraine in 2013 and 2017.
UKRAINE / RUSSIA
The arrival of Philip Kirkorov (from Monaco) to Turin was not seeing with a positive eye by KALUSH ORHECTRA. The Russian star has been spotted inside PALA ALPITOUR and the Ukrainian lead singer didn’t seem thrilled!
- 5,435,000 viewers – Italy – 26.4% share
- 2,294,000 viewers – Netherlands
- 1,245,000 viewers – Spain – 9.2% share
- 0,644,000 viewers – Greece – 13.6% share
- 0,577,026 viewers – Belgium
- 0,545,000 viewers – United Kingdom – 13% share
- 0,500,000 viewers – Germany – 2.2% share
- 0,475,000 viewers – Austria – 22% share
NORWAY / AZERBAIJAN
In 2021 we thought it was a public relations stunt to get more votes. But now, TIX and EFENDI seem to have confirmed their romantic relationship as the MATA HARI singer posted a story holding hands with the 2021 Norwegian entrant in Turin. Earlier, TIX was revealed to be the DJ ASTRONAUT of SUBWOOLFER.
- Lithuania is on a qualification streak of 2 but has never qualified from a semi more than 3 times in a row (overall since 2004: 10 Q / 7 NQ)
- Moldova’s ZDOB SI ZDUB participated three times and qualified three times!
- Switzerland managed to increase their Qualification streak to 3, and the first time it appeared in 3 consecutive finals since 1996-1998 (overall: 6 Q / 11 NQ)
- Ukraine maintains its 100 % qualification record (12 Q / 0 NQ)
- Netherlands qualify for the first time with a song in Dutch and are currently on a Q streak of 5 (last 5-time final streak: 1997-2001) (8 Q / 9 NQ)
- Moldova has managed to qualify with Zdob si Zdub for the third time, probably the first Eurovision act to have ever done so. (11 Q / 5 NQ)
- Portugal is currently on its 2nd largest Qualification streak with 2, (6 Q / 9 NQ)
- Iceland is on a Qualification streak of 3 and has always qualified when singing in its native tongue (10 Q / 7 NQ)
- Greece seems to have found its Qualification footing again and is currently on a Q streak of 3 (13 Q / 2 NQ)
- Norway is on its biggest Qualification streak so far with 5, the last time with 5 consecutive appearances was 1997-2001 (12 Q / 3 NQ)
- Armenia will make its first final appearance since 2017 (10 Q / 3 NQ)
Sad news for everyone who has been looking forward to Edward af Sillén and Linnea Henriksson’s gossip during Eurovision. Henriksson has tested positive for covid-19. Edward af Sillén now has to take over the commentator booth himself. Sweden’s head of delegation says that Linnea is well, has been vaccinated for a long time and is asymptomatic. The plan is for Linnea to be a commentator during Saturday’s final.
The marriage proposal (and not the engagement or marriage, as some sources wrote) took place shortly before the noon rehearsal of Michael Ben David with his -for four years- partner, Roi Ram, whom he met while studying at Beit Zvi. In the hotel room, which was decorated with flowers, Michael knelt down, showed two rings and asked Roi at a wedding: “Do you want to be my husband?”. The latter joined the Jewish mission at the last moment, due to the strictest protection measures. As the artist stated:
“In the most exciting moment of my life, where I represent my country on the big stage of Eurovision, I fulfilled another dream and offered my heart to get married. I’m lucky”.
Remember that the Slovenes Platin, ie Simon Gomilšek and Diana Lečnik, got married in Istanbul in 2004, a fact that did not save them from the exclusion…
SPOKESPERSONS CURRENT LIST
Albania – Andri Xhahu
Australia – Courtney Act
Austria – Philipp Hansa
Azerbaijan – Narmin Salmanova
Belgium – David Jeanmotte
Bulgaria – Janan Dural
Croatia – Monika Lelas Halambek
Finland – Aksel – Represented Finland at Eurovision 2020
France – Élodie Gossuin
Germany – Barbara Schöneberger
Georgia – Helen Kalandadze
Greece – Stefania – Represented Greece at Eurovision 2020 and 2021
Italy – Carolina Di Domenico
Iceland – Árný Fjóla Ásmundsdóttir – Represented Iceland at Eurovision 2020 and 2021
Ireland – Linda Martin – Winner of Eurovision 1992
Lithuania – Vaidotas Valiukevičius – Represented Lithuania at Eurovision 2020 &2021
Montenegro – Zombijana Bones
Netherlands – Jeangu Macrooy – Represented the Netherlands at Eurovision 2020 & 2021
Portugal – Tatanka – Represented Portugal at Eurovision 2021
Slovenia – Lorella Flego
Spain – Nieves Álvarez
Sweden – Dotter
Switzerland – Julie Berthollet
Ukraine – Kateryna Pavlenko
United Kingdom – AJ Odudu
SWEDEN / UNITED KINGDOM
Shortly before the start of the battle of the second semifinal, this year’s eurostars do not stop promoting their Eurovision entries. Two of this year’s favourites, Sam Ryder from the United Kingdom and Cornelia Jakobs from Sweden, travelled together in space. Accompanied by a piano, the two artists performed this year’s participation of Sam, “Space Man”. The result? UNIQUE! Enjoy their unique interpretation in the following video:
Honestly at this point I’m out of words pic.twitter.com/IXH3FUvIQn
— t 🟢 (@eurohoria) May 10, 2022
an oikotimes original text