ITALY – According to La Repubblica, Rimini and Turin are attempting to get support from Rai by announcing substantial cash packages to help with hosting the competition.
According to the publication, Rimini has offered a €6 million financial package to assist support in hosting the Eurovision Song Contest in 2023.
According to La Repubblica, the Turin financial package will be made up of funds from the Municipality of Turin, the Chamber of Commerce, local governments, and the Piedmont region.
It is unknown when Rai will make a final decision on which city will host Eurovision 2022.
THE BIDDING PHASE
In the running to host the Eurovision Song Contest in 2022. The RAI Board of Directors trimmed the original list of 17 proposals to 11 soon after the deadline for bid submissions ended. Bologna, Milan, Pesaro, Rimini, and Turin are the five towns still in the running to host Eurovision 2022.
The prospective city and site must fulfill specific requirements in order to be considered as a host city. Any prospective host city must have the following:
- An international airport is just 90 minutes away from the city.
- There are about 2,000 hotel rooms in the region surrounding the event.
- A large-scale live broadcast infrastructure (stadium/venue/center) meets the minimal criteria mentioned below.
Any prospective location must:
- Have a well-defined perimeter and be inside with air conditioning.
- Have an audience capacity of approximately 8,000 – 10,000 in the main hall during the event (which equates to 70% of the venue’s maximum capacity for normal concerts, taking into account the unique staging and production requirements of the Eurovision Song Contest);
- Have the main hall large enough to accommodate the set as well as all other needs for a high-level broadcast production (this includes excellent standards for a load capacity in the roof, clearance to low beams, simple load-in access, and so on).
- Have enough space around the main hall to accommodate other production requirements such as a press center, delegation spaces, dressing rooms, artist amenities, staff facilities, hospitality, audience facilities, and so on.
- Be available for 6 weeks before the event, 2 weeks during the event (which will take place in May), and a week following the event for deconstruction.
an oikotimes original text