EUROVISION.TV REPORTS / ITALY – Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Host Broadcaster Radiotelevisione Italiana (Rai) has announced the hunt to find a spectacular Host City. The 2022 Contest will be organized by Rai under the supervision of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), with the Italian broadcaster selecting a Host City at the end of a bidding process with a number of fixed criteria set in place by the EBU. Some of those conditions are listed below.
ABOUT THE HOST CITY
- An international airport no more than 90 minutes from the city.
- Over 2,000 hotel rooms in the area close to the event.
- An infrastructure (stadium/venue/center) capable of hosting a large-scale live broadcast with the minimum requirements listed below.
- Be indoors with air-conditioning and have a well-defined perimeter;
- Have an audience capacity in the main hall of around 8,000 – 10,000 during the event (which corresponds to 70% of a maximum capacity of that venue for regular concerts, taking into consideration the specific stage and production needs of the Eurovision Song Contest);
- Have a main hall with the capacity to house the set and all other requirements needed to produce a high-level broadcast production (this includes good specifications of load capacity in the roof, clearance to low beams, easy load-in access, etc);
- Have ample space within easy access of the main hall to support additional production needs, such as a press center, delegation spaces, dressing rooms, artist facilities, staff facilities, hospitality, audience facilities, etc;
- Be available exclusively for 6 weeks before the event, 2 weeks during the show (which will take place in May), and a week after the end of the event for dismantling.
- Full details will be sent from Rai to all Italian cities that indicate they are interested in hosting the Contest; they have until Monday 12 July (at 23:59 CEST). Bid books are expected to be presented to Rai and the EBU in the coming summer weeks.