GREECE – After the end of the 6th live of Greece’s DANCING WITH THE STAR on STAR CHANNEL, oikotimes was granted an amazing moment with 1977 participant Bessy Argyraki, who along with Mariana, Paschalis and Robert brought Greece the first-ever top five, ranking 5th in the scoreboard.
Not only a hot favourite for this year’s DWTS trophy but a timeless inspiration for people never giving up their dreams and passions from a woman who earned already a spot in the pantheon of divas.
In the interview (available in Greek) here are the highlights of this amazing meeting with the Greek legend.
- Bessy said that after her 1973 and 1974 THESSALONIKI FESTIVAL music was great as it is now for other reasons. Every period is special for someone, for his goals and for his dreams.
- She participated in many festivals with many awards but also as a performer.
- She revealed that during the 1977 Eurovision Song Contest she was 2 months pregnant revealing that Greece was not represented by 4 but by 5 people. Unfortunately, she lost the baby as she was carrying a child out of marriage.
- Bessy also explained that in all of her records she included cover songs with original music of them (such as songs by Tom Jones, Raffaella Carrà, Barbara Streisand, Olivia Newton-John).
- Her success in Japan came out as a result of winning a special award in a Franco-Greek competition. The award was to sing a Japanese song which became immediately a success in Japan, as French newspapers praised her song. Of course, Bessy was kind enough to sing it on camera.
- She would try again for Eurovision but prefers to see a new artist such as her daughter. Evelina Nikoliza is already considered one of the amazing voices of the new generations but for some reason is not endorsed by the record labels, as her mother complained about it on camera.
- Regarding Eurovision, Bessy revealed that after 1977 made an attempt to represent Luxembourg although couldn’t remember the year.
- For the five finalists of Greece 2022, she had no idea and gave no comment although she said she would love someone of the new age but also with experience. Well, let’s guess who she means, although literally, Ms. Argyraki had no clue about who’s bidding in the final phase for Eurovision 2022.
Concluding the interview, Bessy praised the Eurovision idea, loves the Eurofans and the contest is not a circus but a celebration of music.
We couldn’t resist offering a special gift at the end. One of MÅNS ZEMERLOW (Winner of 2015 Eurovision edition for Sweden) bottles of wines which is always available at www.mzwinews.se
special thanks to Roula Antonopoulou, Green Pixels, and Star Channel for granting the interview and Alexis Dermitzakis for conducting it…
an oikotimes original text