GREECE – ERT submissions deadline is expiring today and the Greek national broadcaster has declared that there will be given no extension to it.
The submissions seem to be more than ten from record labels of Greece and abroad.
Let’s have a look at the current standings of those who have submitted (confirmed) at least one song to the Greek national broadcaster (and possibly we will update this post within the day, so keep an eye).
- Good Job Nicky (aka Nikolas Varthakouris), son of the legendary Greek singer Yannis Parios, submitted a song penned by Ermis Gegarides and supported by COBALT MUSIC.
- Nikos Gkanos once again tries his luck by submitting a song to ERT.
- The Voice of Greece 2020 winner, Joanne (Ioanna Georgakopoulou) has submitted a song (a powerful ballad) penned by Sarah De Warren, supported by MINOS EMI UNIVERSAL.
- Kalomira, who proudly represented Greece in the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest edition and brought the third place for the country, has submitted many songs under the umbrella of HEAVEN MUSIC and the penning signature of Mohombi (Melodifestivalen participant), Kallay Saunders (Hungary 2004) and Andrez Wrethov (one of FUEGO authors), co-working with Louka Loules and Ari Büllent. In a further update it seems that the singer has not submitted (or withdrawn) from the bidding race.
- In 2013, Ilias Kozas along with KOZA MOSTRA brought the 6th place for Greece in Eurovision and seems he is returning to the Eurovision world with a solo bid. He seems to have submitted three rock songs in the English language. The songs could be self-penned.
- Since his first participation in Cyprus in 1996, Constantinos Christoforou hid his wish one day to represent Greece in the contest. After multiple proposals to ERT to date, he submits a bid once again. His bid has been made under MINOS EMI UNIVERSAL and if he wins the Eurovision ticket, it will be the 4th time he sings on a Eurovision stage.
- Evangelia (Psarakis) is the proposal of PANIK RECORD and she submitted three pop-folk songs in bilingual lyrics. The same submissions are already considered by Cyprus national broadcaster. The songs have been penned by Jay Stolar, who’s actually her boyfriend.
- Jimmy Sion (Dimitris Evripiotis) has been known for his participation in a kinda failed TV music talent show (HOUSE OF FAME LA ACADEMIA) last season and on GREEK IDOL years ago. He is known for his 90s style. He is supported by SPICY MUSIC. The two songs are electro-pop and a powerful ballad.
- Artemis Matafia submitted two songs through HELLINON MELODIES penned by Kostas Giaxoglou and Vaggelis Drakoutselis. Keeping in mind her background, the songs could be artistic…
- Kianna (Konstantina Zerva) became somehow known to the Greek audience from her 2014 participation in THE VOICE OF GREECE reaching the battles and in 2016’s RISING STAR. Under DIGITAL RAY RECORDS she submitted an English electro-dance song, with influences by Madonna, penned by Beyond Music.
- Amanda Tenfjord (Amanda Georgiadis) has also submitted a song penned by Bjørn Helge Gammelsæter (teaming also up with Fokas Evangelinos and Kostas Karydas).
- Marseaux has submitted an alternative pop song in English lyrics penned by Solmeister.
- Charikleia Mari Amersa also confirms song submission to ERT. The song is of pop tune and penned by Petros Rock (Petros Sofianides). A song inspired by the pandemic isolation and changes following.
We may have further names in the list so keep an eye on this post, throughout the day…
an oikotimes original text