ITALY – As planned, the names of the 26 artists who will participate in the big category of Sanremo Festival 2021, the 71st edition of the famous festival that Italy will use to select its representative at the 65th Eurovision Song Contest in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, have just been announced. The announcement was made in the context of the final of the Giovani category.
As expected, lately a plethora of publications with the names of candidate artists have flooded the press. The gossip that developed seems to have had some basis as most of the names are actually found among the participants.
- Francesco renga – Quando trovote
- Coma Cosa – Fiamme Negli Occhi
- Gaia – Cuore amaro
- Irama – The genesis of your color
- Fulminacci – Santa Marinella
- Madame – Voice
- Willie Peyote – Mai dire mai (la locura)
- Orietta Berti – When you are ignorant
- Ermal Meta – Un milliona cose da dirti
- Fasma – Parliament
- Arisa – Potevi fare di più
- Gio Evan – Arnica
- Måneskin – Zitti e buoni
- Malika Ayane – Ti piace così
- Aiello – Ora
- Max Gazze feat. La Triofluoperazine Monstery Band – The pharmacist
- Ghemon – Perfect moment
- The Representative of the List – Amare
- Noemi – Glycine
- Random – Torno a te
- Colapesce feat. Dimartino – Musica leggerissima
- Annalisa – Dieci
- Bugo – E invece sì
- The social status – Combact Pop
- Extraliscio / Davide Toffolo – Bianca luce near
- Fedez / Francesca Michielin – Chiamami per nome
The number of 26 artists in the big category is a record of the last twenty years for the festival as since 1988 we have seen so many artists claim the first place.
Among the artists, we meet well-known artists from previous editions of the festival, such as Orietta Berti, who returns after 1992 for her 12th participation, the oldest representative of Italy in 2018, Ermal Meta, stands out, as well as Francesca Michielin who participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2016 and this year joins forces with Fedez.
Other well-known names are Annalisa and Noemi. For the second year in a row, there are many young artists appearing in the big category, such as Gaia, Fasma and Måneskin.
Diodato will not defend his title
Sad is the absence of Diodato from the list of artists who will participate in Sanremo 2021! His statement to the radio station RTL 102.5 is essentially confirmed that he was not going to take part in the festival for the second time in a row.
This development makes Italy one of the countries that will overtake last year’s representative and turn to another new one through a national final.
The dates of Sanremo 2021
In the RAI planning, it is mentioned that the indicative dates of the festival have already been selected.
These dates are:
Sanremo | Night 1: Tuesday 2 March 2021
Sanremo | Night 2: Wednesday 3 March 2021
Sanremo | Night 3: Thursday 4 March 2021
Sanremo | Night 4: Friday 5 March 2021
Sanremo 2020 Final: Saturday, March 6, 2021