UKRAINE – 12 out of 118 applicants have become the finalists of the Ukrainian National Selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2021. The national final will feature eight participants with original songs and four participants that presented their performance of songs by representatives of Ukraine at previous Junior Eurovision editions.
- Anastasiia Doroshenko (Nana Do)
- Arsenii Hryshchenko
- Karina Kornuta
- Daryna Kryvenko
- Angelina McFarlane (RREALINA)
- Veronika Morska
- Yelyzaveta Petruk
- Daria Rebrova
- Sofiia Skvaruk
- Mariia Tkachuk
- Olena Usenko (Ellen Usenko)
- Daryna Zinchenko
ABOUT THE PARTICIPANTS
- Arsenii Hryshchenko has reached the final of the national selection with his song “Redemption”. Arsenii is 12, he lives in Kyiv. He has taking singing classes since the age of 3. Arsenii is the winner of many singing contests and festivals.
- Anastasiia Doroshenko (Nana Do) has become a finalist with her song “Svit nadliudei” (The World of Super People). The 12-year-old Anastasiia lives in Kyiv. Since the second grade, she has been a music school student, practising vocals and playing the piano.
- Daryna Zinchenko has entered the list of finalists with her performance of the song “Pochny z sebe” by Anna Trincher (Junior Eurovision 2015). The 13-year-old Daryna has been taking singing lessons since the age of 4. She practices folk and pop signing and likes playing the piano. Daryna is a participant of many singing competitions.
- Karina Kornuta has become a finalist with her performance of Anna Trincher’s song “Pochny z sebe” as well. The 14-year-old Karina lives in Uzhhorod. The girl has tried different types of creativity and sport. She is the prize winner of many festivals and vocal and violin competitions. She is a member of the global children’s choir “Music Camp International”.
- Daryna Kryvenko has reached the final with her song “Kosy khmarochosy” (Skyscraping Braids). The 14-year-old lives in Kyiv. She is the winner of many vocal competitions. She plays the piano and percussions and practices artistic gymnastics.
- Angelina McFarlane (RREALINA) has become the finalist with her song “Angel of Light”. The 14-year-old is the winner of song contests and a finalist of the last year’s national selection for Junior Eurovision.
- Veronika Morska has entered the final with her performance of the folk song Shum. The 10-year-old Veronika lives in Bila Tserkva. She is a soloist of Spivohrai folk group, a prize-winner of many international and national singing competitions.
- Yelyzaveta Petruk has reached the final with Sophia Ivanko’s song “The Spirit of Music” (Junior Eurovision 2019). The 14-year-old Yelyzaveta lives in Hostomel. She has been taking vocal classes since the age of 11. She has won the grand prize of many international competitions and festivals.
- Daria Rebrova has become a finalist of the national selection with her song “Make Me Happy”. The 12-year-old Daria is taking pop singing lessons, practices the piano and theatrical art. She has many contest victories in her portfolio.
- Sofiia Skvaruk has entered the national final with her song “Golden Time”. The 14-year-old Sofiia lives in Rivne. She is the winner of many international and national competitions.
- Mariia Tkachuk has reached the final with her song “Pazly svitu” (Puzzles of the World). The 13-year-old resident of Hatne near Kyiv is taking singing, piano and percussion lessons. She wrote her first song when she was 10 and held her first concert when she was 12. Mariia has many prizes from national and international competitions.
- Olena Usenko has entered the final with her song “Vazhil” (Leverage). Olena is 14 and lives in Bila Tserkva. Last year she participated in the national selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest and reached the final.
The four finalists without an original song will receive a new song from UA: PBC for the final.
The winner of the national selection will be decided during a television show on UA: KULTURA TV channel on 23 October. The decision who will represent Ukraine in Paris this December will be made by a professional jury and online voting.