AUSTRIA – Nova Rock Encore in Wiener Neustadt on 11/9, a replacement for the main date that was canceled in June, attracted thousands of fans to the local stadium, where groups such as Måneskin, Jinjer, and Russkaja created a good atmosphere early on. Organizer Ewald Tatar was delighted with around 15,000 visitors.
It was a “great result,” said Tatar at a press conference on-site in the late afternoon. 86 percent of the visitors who were already in the stadium at this point were vaccinated, the remaining 14 percent had presented a negative PCR test – the 2G rule applied at the event. As a result, there were no longer waiting times than at other festival editions, as access was largely smooth. And once on the site, there was plenty of music to experience.
While the voices were raised together on “Beggin ‘”, the soulful “Coraline” slowed down a bit at the right time and impressed with a catchy melody. Immediately afterward, the latest hit “I Wanna Be Your Slave” was thrown into the stadium, with David also using the last bars of the number for a bath in the audience – which he naturally liked very much. The cover double from “Take Me Out” (Franz Ferdinand) and “Somebody Told Me” (The Killers) was eagerly absorbed. Handmade rock music is apparently still pulling.
In the end, after a tight 60 minutes, a good two dozen fans were brought onto the stage, who could hardly believe their luck. And although encores are rather uncommon at festivals, especially at this very early point in time, Måneskin insisted on it and shot “I Wanna Be Your Slave” into the crowd a second time. Song contest winner as a one-day fly? Well, the Italian band has impressively refuted this prejudice, at least for the time being.
Singer Tatiana Shmayluk convinced us with clear vocals, but above all bitter growls. The musician is nervous before every performance.
“I get panic attacks,” she said before appearing in the APA interview. “After this long pandemic-related break, it will probably be even worse! My knees are always shaking … But I’m really looking forward to it because the fans miss the concerts and festivals. We’re in the same boat, it’s going to be exciting for all of us.”
You could feel it both before and on stage.
In the meantime, Eurovision 2021 winners recently revealed their participation in the GUCCI campaign.