MONTENEGRO – Vladana is a Montenegrin pop/rock singer and songwriter with Macedonian roots. She showed an interest in music at an early age as her grandfather, Boris Nizamovski was the Head of the Association of Stage Artists of North Macedonia and manager of the famous Macedonian ensemble “Magnifico”. Vladana has a primary and secondary education in music, focusing on music theory and opera singing. She graduated journalism from Montenegro’s State Faculty of Political Science, she plays the piano and learns guitar.
In 2003 Vladana made her television debut on a national karaoke show, and the same year she made a debut single which was performed at Budva Mediterranean Festival in Budva, Montenegro. In 2005 and 2006, she participated in Montevizija (the Montenegrin selection for the Eurovision contest) and at the most popular festival of pop music in Montenegro, Sunčane Skale.
Vladana released her first video for the single “Kao Miris Kokosa” (“Like a coconut smell”), directed by Montenegrin director Nikola Vukčević, which became at that time the most-aired video in Montenegro. In 2007 she continued working with director Vukcevic and released her second video, for single “Poljubac Kao Dorucak” (“Breakfast kiss”).
A year after she recorded her first single in English, “Bad Girls Need Love Too”, Vladana released her debut album. In November 2010, an animated video for the song “Sinner City” was released as a prelude to her first album in English, of the same title. The album was launched for online sales in December 2010.
Vladana is the first solo performer from Montenegro broadcast on the regional MTV station, MTV Adria.
She also tried her hand at journalism and as a big fan of contemporary fashion and art she launched an online fashion magazine called Chiwelook (Čiviluk) which is based on editorials she created with fashion designers from Montenegro. As a founder and editor in chief, she contributed to the magazine also through columns and interviews about fashion with different people from music, culture and politics.
Obviously, the song will be revealed at a later date…
— OIKOTIMES (@theoikotimes) January 4, 2022
Here’s the RTCG jury which selected Andrea
- Stana Šalgo: Music editor of Montenegrin radio and chairman of the committee.
- Branka Banović: Music editor of Montenegrin television.
- Danijel Alibabić: President of the Montenegrin Pop Artists’ Association.
- Bojana Nenezić: Musical culture consultant at the institute of education.
- Zoja ovurović: Professor at the music school “Vasa Pavić”.
- Dražen Bauković: Author in the TVCG entertainment program.
- Nina Žižić: Pop singer and participant in the Eurovision Song Contest (2013).
- Gojko Berkuljan: Director and lead producer of RTCG.
- Ilmira Lika: Editor and director of TV Teuta.
- Korđije Kustudić: Head of Marketing at RTCG.
an oikotimes original text