NORWAY – Melodi Grand Prix 2021 will be the 59th edition of the Norwegian music competition Melodi Grand Prix (MGP). The contest serves as the country’s preselection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2021.
The competition is organized by NRK and will be held between 16 January 2021 and 20 February 2021. A total of 26 songs will participate – the highest number in the history of the competition.
The competition consists of five semi-finals, a “last chance” qualification show, and the final on Saturday 20 February 2021.
A total of twelve songs are to participate in the final. Of these, six songs are pre-qualified, while the rest have to qualify through the five semi-finals and the last chance qualification show.
All shows will be broadcast live from the H3 Arena in Fornebu, just outside Oslo.
The results and the winner will be decided entirely by the viewers. The winner of the competition will represent Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Stina Talling – “Elevate”
- Jorn – “Fate Bloody Faith”
- Blåsemafian – “Let Loose”
- Beady Belle – “Playing With Fire”
- KEiiNO – “Monument” (perform in first semi-final)
- TIX – “Ut Av Mørket” (perform in first semi-final)
- Stavangerkameratene – “Barndomsgater” (perform in second semi-final)
- Kaja Rode – “Feel Again” (perform in third semi-final)
- Atle Pettersen – “World On Fire” (perform in fourth semi-final)
- Rein Alexander – “Eyes Wide Open” (perform in fifth semi-final)