MONTENEGRO – Montenegro is set to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Turin, Italy. In October 2021, the Montenegrin public broadcaster Radio and Television of Montenegro (RTCG) announced that they would be returning to the Eurovision Song Contest after a two-year absence following their withdrawal in 2020 due to previous results and financial difficulties.
On 28 October 2021, RTCG opened a submission period where artists and songwriters were able to submit their entries until 10 December 2021.
At the closing of the deadline, RTCG received 30 entries.
After the deadline for the submission of candidate entries, a ten-member jury was set up to evaluate the entries. More specifically, the committee members will be asked to rate 24 songs through a points system.
According to the regulations, the members should evaluate all the pieces separately, making the necessary comments and secretly from the rest. This process should be completed by the end of the year.
- Stana Šalgo: Music editor of Montenegrin radio and chairman of the committee.
- Branka Banović: Music editor of Montenegrin television.
- Danijel Alibabić: President of the Montenegrin Pop Artists’ Association.
- Bojana Nenezić: Musical culture consultant at the institute of education.
- Zoja ovurović: Professor at the music school “Vasa Pavić”.
- Dražen Bauković: Author in the TVCG entertainment program.
- Nina Žižić: Pop singer and participant in the Eurovision Song Contest (2013).
- Gojko Berkuljan: Director and lead producer of RTCG.
- Ilmira Lika: Editor and director of TV Teuta.
- Korđije Kustudić: Head of Marketing at RTCG.
an oikotimes original text