The competition will consist of two semi-finals and a final, to take place on March 5, 7 and 12, respectively.
More than 600 songs were submitted this year for the country’s hope in Eurovision 2022.
Today, RTP besides the dates and the format confirmation presented the new logo as well.
On 8 September 2021, upon confirming its participation at Eurovision, RTP opened its selection process for the twenty competing entries in Festival da Canção, articulated as follows:
- Sixteen musical authors were invited to each compose a song, indicating a performer for it, and to send a provisional version thereof by 31 October 2021;
- Free submissions were opened to Portuguese citizens or residents of Portugal to submit their songs by 21 October 2021; four of these would be selected by a professional jury within 10 days after the deadline;
- All selected entrants are required to present RTP with a final version of their entry by 30 November 2021.
- For the sixth consecutive year, the broadcaster abolished the language restrictions, so that artists may submit songs in any language(s), even without Portuguese.
- On 25 October 2021, RTP declared to have received more than 600 applications and on 4 November 2021, the broadcaster made public the authors of the chosen entries.
- Fado Bicha
- Joana Espadinha
- Kumpanhia Algazarra
- The Mister Driver
- Tiago Nogueira
- DJ Marfox
- Fábia Rebordão
- Pedro Marques
- Pepperoni Passion
- Os Azeitonas
an oikotimes original text