SPAIN – The detailed results of Benidorm Fest 2022, the national final of Spain, were announced by RTVE a while ago. As you will see below, the paradox happened to win a turnout that garnered less than 4% in the public vote.
On the other hand, we see the participation that ended up in second place overall having won in the televoting, gathering the inconceivable 70.75% among 8 entries.
Large reactions have erupted in Spain, with the issue taking on political dimensions, as the Galician political parties have already stated that they will even put it in the House of Representatives. We remind you that the Tanxugueiras who won the public vote are from Galicia and performed a song in the national final in Galician.
Complaints about the opacity of the vote and the conflict of interest of the judges are also serious, as members of the jury seem to have worked in the past with Chanel, the winner of the jury and Benidorm Fest as a whole.
On the other hand, the Galician provider Toxo Telecom seems to have contributed to the Tanxugueiras’ huge lead in the public vote, allowing its customers to vote for the Tanxugueiras once for free.
- Tanxugueiras: 70.75% – 30 points
- Rigoberta Bandini: 18.08% – 25 points
- Chanel: 3.97% – 20 points
- Varry Brava: 2.26% – 18 points
- Rayden: 2.12% – 15 points
- Blanca Paloma: 1.04% – 12 points
- Xeinn: 1.01% – 10 points
- Gonzalo Hermida: 0.66% – 5 points
350-MEMBERED DEMOSCOPIC JURY
- Tanxugueiras: 2,658 points (14.59%) – 30 points
- Chanel: 2,624 points (13.88%) – 25 points
- Rigoberta Bandini: 2,555 points (13.52%) – 20 points
- Gonzalo Hermida: 2,385 points (12.62%) – 18 points
- Rayden: 2,300 points (12.17%) – 15 points
- Varry Brava: 2,152 points (11.39%) – 12 points
- Blanca Paloma: 2063 points (10.92%) – 10 points
- Xeinn: 2063 points (10.92%) – 5 points
The communications director of RTVE, shortly before announcing the detailed results, said that Spain had triumphed and the Benidorm Fest was a success for the music while asking for respect for the members of the committee of experts, who were selected for their knowledge and who were asked to vote with absolute freedom.
RTVE will continue to work to resolve any errors that may have occurred or even to review or update the voting system for the next Benidorm Fest.
She concluded by thanking the artists who participated in Benidorm Fest and encouraging all singers and composers to participate next year, “because Benidorm Fest brings only good things”, as the high ratings were to the benefit of all participants.