SPAIN – Inés Hernand, Alaska and Màxim Huerta will present the Benidorm Fest that will be held on Wednesday 26, Thursday 27 and Saturday 29 May at the Palau D’esports L’Illa in Benidorm.
Seven songs will compete in the first two shows and the four favourites from each will qualify for the final.
The very final, thus, will be made up of a total of eight songs. All results will be decided by an expert vote (50%) and a popular vote (50%).
The expert vote will be divided in turn into a national jury (30%) and an international jury (20%) and the popular one among televoting (25%) and a demoscopic panel (25%).
THE MAP OF PARTICIPANTS
Andalusia, Catalonia, the Community of Madrid, the Valencian Community, Extremadura, Galicia and the Balearic Islands are the seven autonomous communities that will have representation at the Benidorm Fest.
Gonzalo Hermida is from Puerto Real and Matt from Unique from Algeciras, both from Cádiz, and Marta Sango is from Torre del Mar in Malaga, while Rayden comes from Alcalá de Henares, Xeinn is from Madrid and Gio, also a member of the quartet, from Villaviciosa de Odón. Andalusians and Madrilenians are thus the ones that contribute the most artists to the preselection.
The host, the Valencian Community, will be represented by Blanca Paloma, from Alicante, and Varry Brava, all of them from Orihuela in the same province.
Luna Ki and Rigoberta Bandini arrive from Catalonia, both from Barcelona, and Sara Deop and Valen from Unique from the Balearic Islands, specifically from Palma de Mallorca.
Toñi and Encarna from Azúcar Moreno are from Extremadura, from Badajoz, and Aida, Olaia and Sabela from Tanxugueiras are Galicians, from Teo and Ribeira (A Coruña).
Latin America will also be present in this first edition of Benidorm Fest thanks to the Chilean Javiera Mena, the Cuban Chanel and the Dominican Arman of the boy band.
LISTEN TO THE PARTICIPANTS
- Azúcar Moreno – Postureo (Miguel Linde, David Parejo, Alberto Lorite)
- Blanca Paloma – Secreto del agua (Blanca Paloma, Antón Serrats, Tomás Vigós, Pablo Serrano)
- Chanel – SloMo (Leroy Sanchez, Keith Harris, Ibere Fortes, Maggie Szabo, Arjen Thonen)
- Gonzalo Hermida – Quién lo diría (Gonzalo Hermida, David Santisteban)
- Javiera Mena – Culpa (Javier Mena)
- Luna Ki – Voy a Morir (Luna Ki, Miguel García, Vanity Vercetti, Digital Geass)
- Marta Sango – Sigues en mi mente (Marta Sango, Marco Frías, Mané López)
- Rayden – Calle de la llorería (Rayden, François Le Goffic)
- Rigoberta Bandini – Ay mamá (Rigoberta Bandini, Esteban Navarro Dordal, Stefano Maccarrone)
- Sara Deop – Make You Say (Leroy Sanchez, Camille Purcell, Linus Nordstrom, Frank Nobel)
- Tanxugueiras – Terra (Tanxugueiras)
- Unique – Mejores (Marco Dettoni, Manu Chalud, Armando Valenzuela, Carlos Almazán, Javier López, Raúl Madroñal)
- Varry Brava – Raffaella (Varry Brava)
- Xeinn – Eco (Carlos Marco, Jimmy Jansson, Marcus Winther-John, Thomas G:son)
an oikotimes origianl text