SAN MARINO – On 5 April 2021, SMRTV confirmed the participation of San Marino in the 2022 contest and the introduction of Una Voce per San Marino (“A Voice for San Marino”), a new national final format to select the nation’s entry as a part of a 2021–2022 tourism events calendar introduced by the government of San Marino.
On 22 September 2021, SMRTV revealed that the event will be held between December 2021 and February 2022. All competing artists will initially be divided into two categories: Emerging and Big. Emerging artists will be invited to attend an academy in the Teatro Titano in the City of San Marino 13–17 December 2021 and 5–11 January 2022, acting as preliminary castings.
In February 2022, a series of semi-finals and a final will decide the nine Emerging acts that will move on to the Grand Final, with the top three also being awarded €1000, €2000 and €7000, respectively. The first four members of the jury for this category, announced on 16 November 2021, are Emilio Munda, Roberta Faccani, Roberto Costa and Steve Lyon.
Big artists, also nine in total, will instead be directly invited to the final by Media Evolution SRL.
SMRTV opened a submission period on 22 September 2021 for emerging artists and composers to submit their entries. On 16 November 2021, the broadcaster announced it had received over 200 applications, particularly from Germany, Russia and Sweden, but also from other European countries, the USA, and Australia.
The Emerging Acts Round will take place between 13–17 December 2021 and 3–11 January 2022. 90 competing artists were announced on 11 December 2021 for the December period. Another 59 were announced in late December 2021 for the January period.
- Emilio Munda is a producer, composer, and author who has worked with Il Volo, Umberto Tozzi, Francesco Renga, Nina Zilli, Dear Jack, and others. He has also worked on “The Voice” and “X-Factor”. Amazing for a 39-year-old!
- Nabuk is a producer and guitarist for musicians including Eros Ramazzoti and Giorgia. Composer and producer of Pop-Dance House music for many years for Italian broadcasters Rai, Mediaset, Netflix, and Sky.
- Maurizio Raimo Raimo has worked with Raquel Welch, Loredana Bertè, Notre Dame de Paris, and the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. He also directed the Vatican’s Christmas Concert!
- Mimmo Paganelli is an EMI artistic director and song producer. For RCA, he worked with Rino Gaetano, Mia Martini, Renato Zero, and Vasco Rossi (among many others).
- Roberta Faccani’s experience is in musical theatre and voiceover work. She founded the singing school La Fabbrica del Cantante Actore and the record label Bandidos.
- Roberto Costa is a bassist, sound engineer, arranger, and producer for musicians such as Lucio Dalla, Stadio, and Luciano Pavarotti! Roberto has composed and produced music for film, theatre, and TV.
- Steve Lyon has worked with artists such as Depeche Mode, Sir Paul McCartney, Reamonn, Marco Guazone, Laura Pausini, and Eros Ramazzotti. Many Platinum and Gold Records and two Latin Grammys.
an oikotimes original text