ITALY – Few weeks before the 2021 edition of Sanremo Festival, accredited journalists from the country’s largest media listened to the nominated songs and rated them. According to the above, Colapesce & Dimartino are in the first place, followed by Willie Peyotte. In fact, the two of them have a very big difference in the score they received in relation to the other artists.
- COLAPESCE E DIMARTINO: A pop 80s song, with a chorus that immediately stays in your mind. (8.2)
- WILLIE PEYOTE: The only purebred rap song, with incredibly caustic-political lyrics. (7.9)
- GHEMON: Mix of rap, soul and funky music. (7.1)
- MINESKIN: The only rock song of this year’s festival. (7.1)
- MAX GAZZÈ E LA TRIFLUOPERAZINA: An 80s electronic song. (7.1)
- ERMAL META: An inner ballad. Another song-hymn for man by Ermal. (7)
- MALIKA AYANE: Another dance song with very careful lyrics. (7)
- FULMINACCI: Concerns Rome. It starts only with the guitar and then the orchestra enters (7)
- ARISA: Another song that talks about relationships and separations. (6.9)
- MADAME: With several filters also in the voice, but also at a very catchy pace. (6.9)
- AIELLO: An autobiographical ballad that sounds like a confession. (6.8)
- LO STATO SOCIALE: In their familiar style. Fun and with satirical lyrics. (6.8)
- BUGO: His lyrics refer to all those who ask us to grow up and let go of the childhood imagination. (6,7)
- GIO EVAN: Poetic verse full of emotions. (6.7)
- GAIA: Dance song and radio hit. (6.6)
- LA RAPPRESENTANTE DI LISTA: Contemporary and rhythmic. It may surprise. (6,6)
- FEDEZ E FRANCESCA MICHIELIN: Rap and pop combined like the voices of two singers. (6.5)
- NOEMI: A dark ballad about memory and the past. (6.5)
- ANNALISA: A pop song that talks about the crisis of relationships. (6,4)
- IRAMA: Another summer hit. Many effects and filters in his voice. (6.4)
- ORIETTA BERTI: A song reminiscent of much older Sanremo entries. (6,3)
- COMA_COSE: Modern rhythm with lyrics referring to common love (6.1)
- EXTRALISCIO FEAT. DAVIDE TOFFOLO: The most folk song of the festival. (6.1)
- FASMA: Classical Italian song meets rap. (6.1)
- FRANCESCO RENGA: A pop song in which the singer refers to the city in which he lives. (6)
- RANDOM: The most modern ballad of the lineup. (5,7)
The 71st Sanremo Festival will take place from March 2 to 6, at the Teatro Ariston, in the small town of Liguria.
According to the rules of the Festival, the winner of the Grand Prix, if he wishes, will represent Italy in the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest.
In case the winner refuses, then RAI has the right to select any artist it wishes from both categories, according to its own criteria.
ALL MUSIC ITALIA REVIEW
According to the journalists of All Music Italia, the five most suitable songs in order to be the Italian participation in the upcoming Eurovision song contest are:
- Malika Ayane
- The social status
Under certain conditions could be the songs of Willie Peyote, Ermal Meta, FedeFranci, Arisa, Noemi, Annalisa.
The same article states that all other songs of the Festival are unsuitable for a competition such as Eurovision.