UKRAINE – Its performances in the Eurovision Song Contest have been well publicised. But, five weeks after the song’s success at the 66th Contest in Turin, how has Stefania’s legacy fared outside of the competition?
In fact, when left to its own devices, the song has done very well for itself! We dug through the Stefania statistics and compiled some of the most astounding headlines that the most recent Eurovision Song Contest winner has been making for herself.
- TikTok producers have utilised Kalush Orchestra’s Stefania as a sound in almost a quarter-million videos, with the Ukrainian-language song being repurposed in a variety of inventive ways.
- On the music streaming site Spotify alone, the song has had over 27.5 million listens.
- Both the Grand Final live performance and the accompanying music video have reached 20 million views on YouTube.
- The song has recently spent a sixth week at number one on Spotify Ukraine, while it is now at number one on Ukraine’s YouTube chart for the fifth week.
- Stefania managed to raise the amount of Spotify plays it had accumulated by 203.5 percent in the 30 days after the Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final.
- Despite the fact that it was just uploaded on May 14, Stefania’s Grand Final performance became the most viewed video on the official Eurovision Song Contest YouTube channel for the month of May.
- As Europe awoke on Sunday, May 15, Stefania’s Grand Final performance had already topped 2 million views on the official Eurovision Song Contest YouTube channel in less than 12 hours.
- Stefania is the most-watched song on YouTube across all official uploads, out of all 40 Eurovision Song Contest entries for 2022.
- The song had 86,067 Spotify streams in Ukraine the day following Stefania’s Eurovision victory. It was the platform’s sixth-largest daily tally in the nation since its introduction two years previously.
- The 40 participating songs in the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest had over 20 million Spotify plays on Sunday, May 15, the day following the Grand Final. Stefania accounted for more than 10% of the 20.6 million plays.
- Stefania debuted at No. 38 on the Spotify Global chart, owing to 1,962,754 global streams in a single day (Sunday, May 15). Only two additional 2022 Contest entries entered the Top 100: SPACE MAN from the United Kingdom, at 77, and SloMo from Spain, at 85.
- Stefania is still the sixth-highest charting Eurovision song of all time on Spotify Global.
- Stefania debuted at No. 109 on the Spotify Global weekly chart on May 20, only a few days after the Grand Final, owing to almost 8 million streams on the streaming service that week.
- Stefania reached the top 10 of the official singles charts in Finland, Croatia, and Sweden, peaking at 2, 6, and 7, respectively. Lithuania outperformed everyone and finished first. Switzerland (11), Iceland (14), Norway (19), Germany (22), Belgium (24), Austria (26), Ireland (30), the Netherlands (36), the United Kingdom (38) and Italy all had singles chart success (53).
- Stefania’s victory in Turin was well received in her own country, Italy. On May 16, the song peaked at No. 13 on Italy’s daily Spotify list, making it the highest-placing non-Italian Eurovision song of all time.
- Stefania debuted at number 53 on Italy’s official singles chart, becoming the highest-charting non-Italian Eurovision song since Rise Like A Phoenix in 2014.
- In Australia, none of the 40 Eurovision entrants this year made an impression on the country’s official singles list. However, our songs fared better on their digital download ranking. Stefania ranked the highest of the bunch, at number 27.
- Stefania was the first Eurovision song to debut on the Spotify charts of non-participating nations Hungary (Number 54) and Slovakia the day after the Grand Final (Number 13). The day following the Grand Final, it was the highest-charting of this year’s batch of Eurovision songs in Luxembourg.
- Stefania was charting in no less than 36 nations’ weekly YouTube rankings only one week after winning the Contest. It topped the rankings on YouTube in Ukraine, Iceland, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. It even made it into Canada’s Top 75 YouTube ranking.
- Stefania debuted at number 85 on the Billboard Global 200 list in the United States, where she remains the highest-charting entrant in the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest.
an oikotimes original text