ITALY – Today’s edition of La Stampa tries to shed light on an important share of the costs related to the organization of Eurovision 2022, on stage at the Pala Alpitour (PalaOlimpico) in Turin from 10 to 14 May next (various kinds of tests excluded). The event, it should be remembered, arrived in Italy following the success of Måneskin in Rotterdam (Ahoy Arena) this year with “Shut up and good”.
In the article by Bernardo Basilici Menini and Leonardo Di Paco, very precise figures are reported: between the Piedmont Region and the Municipality, there will be € 9,750,000 in costs.
- Rental and management of the Pala Alpitour (1.4 million *)
- Preparations, rentals, installations, signs and temporary structures (3 million, from an internal document of the Municipality)
- Logistics (services, airport, transport) (1.4 million)
- Security (1.5 million)
- Promotion and communication (450,000 euros)
- Use of other facilities ** (550,000 euros)
- Related events and miscellaneous expenses (100,000 euros)
- Participation contribution in favour of Rai (1.25 million)
* It should be remembered that, of course, there are not 1.4 million for just three evenings, but for the whole period from April to the moment in which the Eurovision stage will be definitively dismantled
** With “other structures” we mean tents and Monumental Swimming Pool, although the use that will be made of the facility located on Corso Galileo Ferraris, which is substantially next to the sports hall designed by Arata Isozaki for the Winter Olympics of 2006.
Region: 2 million
Compagnia di San Paolo: 500,000 euros
Chamber of Commerce: 500,000 euros
Iren: 500,000 euros
Crt: 250,000 euros
Municipality of Turin: more than 5 million
TEL AVIV 2019
Contributions (excluding Madonna’s fee)
- EBU contribution estimated between 4 and 6 million euros.
- Loan to KAN: 16.5 million (to be repaid over 15 years).
- Sponsor contribution: not quantified (although 1,2 million Euros is speculated). A Canadian millionaire fully funded Madonna’s presence.
- Revenues and induced
Economic tourist impact: not quantified (as hotel price explosion destroyed plans for earns from accommodation)
Presence in the city: 6000 tourists, plus journalists and delegations.
Contributions (The show’s executive producer said contributions from sponsors and EBU, along with tickets and Tourist Tax covered 80% of the expenses_
- EBU contribution: estimated between 4 and 6 million euros.
- Sponsor contribution: not quantified.
Revenues and induced
- Economic tourist impact: 25 million (but the TV only made 7 million from tickets).
- Presence in the city: 100,000 people (including 1,500 delegates and 1,500 journalists), average stay 6 days.
- Overnight stays were + 37% compared to the same period of the previous year. Hotel sold out.
- Income from the Tourist Tax: 5 million.
- Advertising impact for the city: not quantified (expenditure of € 200,000).
- Total cost: 9 million. These costs include the costs for television production, the production of the artistic program, the technical production, the payment of contributions, the organization of the competition and any other direct costs relating to the organization.
- Of these 5.5 were allocated by TV and the rest by the Government.
- EBU contribution: 3.5 million euros.
- Total revenue: 7,280,000 euros of which 3.63 million from internal sponsors, 1.45 from international sponsors and SMS and 2.2 million from ticket sales.
- Net revenue: 745,000 euros.
- Advertising fallout: undeclared.
- Cost of promotional spots: 3.5 million.
an oikotimes original text