SAN MARINO – Following the two qualifications in Eurovision’s Grand Final and with Italy hosting the contest this year, SMRTV wants to go big!
During a televised press presentation we saw SMRTV people discussing the entire project called UNA VOCE PER SAN MARINO. in the panel we also saw Valentina Monetta who got emotional while watching her performance and qualification in the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest.
Back to the national selection. Here are the highlights as 16 finalists will compete for the ticket to Eurovision.
- The national selection will highlight established and newcomers.
- Newcomers can submit their songs by January 10.
- Established artists will be invited by an external production company.
- Nationality is not an issue, anyone can participate…
- Between 13-19/12 and 5-11/1, there will be casting for the newcomers going to the next phase.
- The semifinals will take place at Titano Theater and will not be televised including only the newcomers.
- The final will take place on 19/12 at Teatro Nuovo Doagan with 8 established and 8 newcomers. (Though the TV screens showed a card with the number 18 for the final and not 16, which probably was a mistake).
- A professional jury will decide the winner.
- The winner will also receive the prize of 7,000 Euro
an oikotimes original text