SWEDEN – Melodifestivalen 2022 is the 62nd edition of the Swedish music competition Melodifestivalen, which is organised by Sveriges Television (SVT) and is taking place over a six-week period between 5 February and 12 March 2022.
The event was planned to return to its traditional tour around six cities of the country (namely Malmö, Gothenburg, Linköping, Lidköping, Örnsköldsvik and Stockholm) with venues available for spectators after the previous edition was entirely held in one place and without an audience due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
OIKOTIMES | SWEDEN DECIDES 2022 (MELODIFESTIVALEN SECOND SEMI-FINAL)
- LIAMOO – “Bluffin” (21%, 126 Votes)
- Alvaro Estella - “Suave“ (20%, 122 Votes)
- Niello & Lisa Ajax – “Tror du att jag bryr mig” (17%, 103 Votes)
- Browsing Collection - “Face in the Crowd” (13%, 76 Votes)
- Samira Manners – “I Want To Be Loved” (10%, 60 Votes)
- John Lundvik – “Änglavakt” (10%, 60 Votes)
- Tone Sekelius – “My Way” (9%, 57 Votes)
Total Voters: 234
However, due to tightening restrictions in light of the spread of the Omicron variant, SVT announced on 14 January 2022 that all shows will instead be held in Stockholm. On 4 February, SVT announced that the first three heats will be held in the Avicii Arena, while the remaining one heat, the semi-final and the final will be held in the Friends Arena.
As usual, a total of 28 entries take part in the competition, 12 of which will make it to the final. For this edition, the wildcard spot given to one of the artists in the P4 Nästa competition organised by Sveriges Radio P4 was not used.
- LIAMOO – “Bluffin”
- Niello & Lisa Ajax – “Tror du att jag bryr mig”
- Samira Manners – “I Want To Be Loved”
- Alvaro Estella - “Suave“
- Browsing Collection - “Face in the Crowd”
- John Lundvik – “Änglavakt”
- Tone Sekelius – “My Way”
an oikotimes original text