NORWAY – Twenty-one songs have been chosen to participate in Melodi Grand Prix 2022. Melodi Grand Prix will consist of six shows: four semi-finals, a second chance round, and the Grand Final.
Overall, the competition will be one show shorter in 2021 than it was in 2021.
As in the previous two years, each semi-final will consist of four songs, with one song from each semi-final qualifying for the Grand Final.
Five songs will be pre-qualified to participate in the Grand Final, and there will also be a second chance round.
Melodi Grand Prix 2022 tickets will go on sale tomorrow, and the specific dates of the events will be disclosed at that time.
On Monday, January 6th, 2022, NRK will disclose the musicians participating in Melodi Grand Prix 2022.
The songs will be disclosed at a later date, although the specific mechanism has not been determined.
- 15.01.2022 – FIRST SEMI-FINAL
- 22.01.2022 – SECOND SEMI-FINAL
- 29.01.2022- THIRD SEMI-FINAL
- 08.02.2022 – FOURTH SEMI-FINAL
- 12.02.2022 – SECOND CHANCE
- 19.02.2022 – MGP FINAL
The head of MGP, Stig Karlsen, says that he is satisfied with the level of participation and the variety that has arisen, but he does not stop looking for the improvement of MGP.
For this reason, both he and his team are looking for changes to make the Norwegian national final even better. Some of the changes being considered are:
- Introduction of a jury so that the final result is not determined only by the television audience.
- Different presentations of the competing songs of each semifinal, in order to increase the interest even more.
- A different way of voting and announcing the results, in order to make the presentation of the results more exciting.
- Finding new presenters, especially after the departure of Ronny Brede Aase from NRK.
an oikotimes original text