EUROPE – Four national finals and four selection shows will keep you partying with amazing Eurovision music. Whether your favourites win or proceed, you will still love them. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Ukraine will decide their participation in Turin while Norway, Sweden, Romania and Slovenia will continue their quest for Eurovision 2022.
SCHDULE AND LIVESTREAMING
- 17:30 CEST 🇺🇦 Ukraine – Vidbir – Final
- 18:30 CEST 🇪🇪 Estonia – Eesti Laul 2022 – Final
- 19:55 CEST 🇳🇴 Norway – Melodi Grand Prix – Second Chance – Show Two
- 20:00 CEST 🇱🇹 Lithuania – Pabandom iš naujo – Final
- 20:00 CEST 🇷🇴 Romania – Selecţia Naţională 2022 – Live Semi-Final
- 20:00 CEST 🇸🇪 Sweden – Melodifestivalen – Heat Two
- 20:05 CEST 🇱🇻 Latvia – Supernova – Final
- 20:20 CEST 🇸🇮 Slovenia – EMA 2022 – Semi-Final Two
THE BETTING ODDS
- 🇺🇦 Alina Pash is the favourite to win
- 🇪🇪 Stefan is the favourite to win
- 🇳🇴 Maria Mohn is the favourite to qualify for the final
- 🇱🇹 Monika Liu is the favourite to win
- 🇷🇴 No betting odds available for Romania
- 🇸🇪 Liamoo and John Lundcik are the favourites to qualify for the final
- 🇱🇻 Aminata is the favourite to win
- 🇸🇮 No betting odds available for Slovenia
Ukraine will choose its representative for Turin this evening, with eight musicians fighting for the honour. Vidbir 2022 will be decided by a combination of 50% televoting and 50% jury voting. The jury will decide 50% of the time. The evening will include four guest performances. Go A, who represented Ukraine at Eurovision 2021 with “Shum,” will sing with Tina Karol (Ukraine 2006) and Jamala, who won Ukraine’s Eurovision Song Contest in 2016 with the song “1944.” Viewers will also be treated to a performance by four of Ukraine’s most recent Junior Eurovision contestants. Darina Krasnovetska, Sophy Ivy, Oleksandr Balabanov, and Olena Usenko will perform together.
OIKOTIMES | UKRAINE DECIDES 2022 (VIDBIR FINAL)
- Alina Pash — "Тіні Забутих Предків" (Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors) (19%, 152 Votes)
- Roxolana — "Girlzzzz" (19%, 145 Votes)
- Kalush Orchestra — "Stefania" (13%, 100 Votes)
- Cloudless — "All be Alright" (11%, 88 Votes)
- Michael Soul — "Demons" (11%, 85 Votes)
- Wellboy — "Nozzy Bossy" (10%, 77 Votes)
- Barleben — "Hear My Words" (9%, 71 Votes)
- Our Atlantic — "Моя любов" (My Love) (8%, 63 Votes)
Total Voters: 368
Following quarterfinals in November and December, as well as semi-finals earlier this month, the Eesti Laul final will be held tomorrow evening. During the first round of the final, the International Jury will have a 50% say in the outcomes. The judges and audience will vote in round one, with the three highest-scoring acts advancing to the super final. The winner of the super final will be selected solely by popular voting. Mr. Lordi has already been identified as a member of the International Jury. A handful of visitors for the final have already been revealed. Annely Peebo and Marko Matvere, who hosted Eurovision 2002 in Tallinn, will sing, while Uku Suviste, who represented Estonia in 2021, will return to the stage. The program will be hosted by Maarja-Liis Ilus, Priit Loog, and Jüri Pootsmann.
Four musicians will return to the Melodi Grand Prix stage for the second chance round after competing in a radio second chance round earlier this week. The four artists performing this evening will compete in duels like they did in the Melodi Grand Prix semi-finals. The four performers are divided into two duels in the first round. The winners of each combat will then meet in a final duel to determine the show’s winner. The victors of the duels are fully selected by the internet vote.
🇳🇴 Who wins tonight in @NRKmgp fifth show?#oikotimes #eurovision #esc #esc2022 #italy #turin #thesoundofbeauty #maneskin #pabandom #raiuno #pabandom2022 #pabandomisnaujo2022 #pabandomisnaujo #lrt #abba #ema2022 #emafres #melfest #melodifestivalen #melodifestivalen2022 #music
— OIKOTIMES (@theoikotimes) February 12, 2022
Following heats and semi-finals, eight musicians will battle for the right to represent Lithuania in the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 this evening on the Pabandom I Naujo stage. This evening’s winner will be selected by a 50/50 split of public and jury votes. The Roop will also be playing as special guests this evening; the band is presently inviting the audience to vote on which song they should sing at the event.
By the conclusion of this evening’s live semi-final of Selectia Nationala in Bucharest, twenty performers will have been reduced to ten. The program will be hosted by Anca Mazilu and Bogdan Stănescu, with Ilinca hosting the Green Room. Following each performance, the jurors will announce their scores. Ilinca will also sing a medley of Eurovision songs such as “Shum” (Ukraine 2021), “Zitti e buoni” (Italy 2021), and “Toy” (France 2021). (Israel 2018).
Melodifestivalen 2022 resumes this evening live from Stockholm’s Avicci Arena. Liamoo, Lisa Ajax, and Alvaro Estrella are among those who have previously competed in the competition. This year’s tournament also features a comeback of last year’s champion, John Lundvik. Two artists will be immediately qualified for the Grand Final, while two others will compete in a Second Chance round.
OIKOTIMES | SWEDEN DECIDES 2022 (MELODIFESTIVALEN SECOND SEMI-FINAL)
- LIAMOO – “Bluffin” (21%, 126 Votes)
- Alvaro Estella - “Suave“ (20%, 122 Votes)
- Niello & Lisa Ajax – “Tror du att jag bryr mig” (17%, 103 Votes)
- Browsing Collection - “Face in the Crowd” (13%, 76 Votes)
- Samira Manners – “I Want To Be Loved” (10%, 60 Votes)
- John Lundvik – “Änglavakt” (10%, 60 Votes)
- Tone Sekelius – “My Way” (9%, 57 Votes)
Total Voters: 234
Supernova concludes this evening in Latvia, after a Semi-Final last weekend. The show’s hosts are Ketija Šēnberga and Lauris Reiniks. Supernova was previously hosted by Ketija in 2015, 2016, 2019, and 2020. Lauris represented Latvia as part of F.L.Y. with “Hello From Mars” at Riga in 2003. He was also the Latvian representative for Eurovision in 2000 and 2004. The two Estonian and Lithuanian representatives will provide special guest performances at Eurovision 2021. The final will feature Uku Suviste and The Roop.
The second of two semi-finals of EMA 2022 will take place this evening. A total of 10 musicians will compete for a spot in the EMA final. EMA 2022 will be hosted by Melani Mekicar and Bojan Cvjetianin. Three finalists will be chosen by a jury, and three more will be chosen by popular vote.
an oikotimes original text